RLM Packaging is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- The personal data we collect about you
- How we look after your personal data
- With whom your personal data might be shared
- Your privacy rights and how the law protects you
Who We Are
RLM Packaging is a mid-sized independent tinplate container manufacturer based in Hull, East Yorkshire producing a wide range of containers for a variety of applications.
Personal Data Which We May Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including location, telephone number, postal and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Please note that we require certain personal data (name, address, contact details, for example) to be able to provide you with our packaging manufacturing services. If you do not provide such information, this may limit our ability to provide our services.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our facilties management services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services or other information relating to our packaging manufacturing services which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Identify you for contractual reasons and for processing any packaging manufacturing work you have with us
- Assist you with your queries in relation to our business
- Review any job applications you submit to us
- Notify you of any changes to our services that may affect you
- Carry out security vetting
- Improving our packaging manufacturing services
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
RLM Packaging Packaging relies on legitimate interest as the lawful basis for processing personal data of our customers and suppliers on the understanding that it is necessary for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Our legitimate interest is based on maintaining an appropriate relationship with our customers and suppliers and so that we are able to provide the high standard of packaging manufacturing services.
In relation to any direct marketing or promotions, we will process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in respect of such processing based on the fact that you have previously engaged with us for services.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
As an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, we do share your data with the following categories of third parties:
- Other specialist approved RLM Packaging contractors who we may engage with to deliver our services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, auditors and insurers who provide advice as and when we require it
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Secure
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and efficient manner, and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place.
All employees, contractors and sub-contractors receive the necessary training and resources to ensure they understand their responsibilities in relation to all of our policies and procedures as part of our on-going management review processes.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data
We shall only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. If you would like more information about how long we retain specific types of your information, please contact us on the contact details provided later in this Privacy Notice.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold about you. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your information or that we are illegally using your information, you can request that we erase the information we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your information
You have the right to request that we stop processing your information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your information to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting us by email or post.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your information to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is current on the date indicated. It is liable to variation by the company in order to reflect or anticipate on-going organisational developments, changes and improvements.
This Privacy Notice was last updated May 2018